The admin menu app allows an admin user to change the contents of the admin menus. This app allows you to perform the following features:
- Change admin menu labels.
- Add links to external resources by adding new admin menu items that can be opened inside the admin or in a new window.
- Reorder and regroup menu items via drag and drop interface.
- Hide default menu items.
- Change menu item icons by choosing a different icon from the library or uploading your own.
- If adding a link that displays within the admin console it is recommended to use the https protocol for your links. This will maximize compatibility of your link. Http links will only work if a user logs into the admin console using http but will not work if logged in using https. Https links will work in both cases.
- Custom icons need to be PNG files ideally at 20px x 20px with a transparent background. If an image with different dimensions are uploaded the image will be cropped to 20px x 20 px.
- Keep menu labels under 20 characters otherwise the label will be cut off and after the 19th character there will be three dots (...).
- Click on any left menu item's icon to change the icon. You may choose an existing icon or upload a new 20px x 20px PNG file. (You must save your changes before this will take effect.)
- You may reorder admin menu items by clicking and dragging any admin menu item to a new location within their current scope. Top menu items, left menu items and sub menu items can be individually reordered but not moved to another menu item category.
- Default menu items cannot be removed, although they can be hidden.
- You can always access the app by going to the URL directly: YOURDOMAIN/AdminConsole/?latestBrowser=true#!/Admin/AppLoader.aspx?client_id=solid-admin-menus
- Custom icons need to be PNG Files.
- You cannot delete default icons from the library.
- The list under access rights displays the available roles on the website.
- At least one role needs to have access to the app at all times.
- Disabling a role from the app removes the "Admin Menu Labels" from the menu. Technically the user can still access the app if they enter the link directly into their browser (limitation in BC API prevent us from completely disabling them).
- You cannot change the name of this app
- Top menu items in Business Catalyst do not have icons.
- You cannot modify the links in the top right.
- Do not place links to other admin pages in custom links. The system is not designed for this and the links may not work.
- You can create custom links to pages on the front end of the website where the app is deployed (except if the item is the first parent item in the list). If you place a custom menu item as the first parent, when a user logs in (if they have "Home Page" set to landing page under "my details" page) they will be taken to this page and you will see the admin panel inside itself.
- If the user has "Home Page" set as the landing page under "My Details" (this is the default setting), when the user logs in they will be taken to the first parent item in the menu (which by default is the dashboard but can be changed).
- To change the roles available under access rights, you must update the roles under Site Settings > User Roles (these are the default labels).
- You cannot reorder or change the default menu items in the top nav (ribbon).
- V1.1 - If a built in menu items are regrouped into a parent that has limited access rights, any user that does not have access to the parent menu item will see the built in menu items in their normal place and will not be hidden to the user.
- V1.1 - Fields in red indicate that the field cannot be changed. In most cases this is due to legal requirements set by Adobe
- V1.1 - This app does not allow you to change the name of web apps. To change the name of the web app, access the settings page for the web app.
- V1.1 - User must be a member of all roles in the Allow List to see this menu label. For example if "Administrators" and "Developers" are in the allow list than any user that is part of "Administrators" but not part of "Developers" will not see this menu item.
- V1.1 - Visibility toggle overrides Access Rights; meaning that if the visibility is off (crossed out eye) no one will see the menu item regardless of access rights.
27 Jan 2017 - Version 1.1.4
Initial release of per partner version to the app store.
License (Admin App)
By purchasing resource (“app,” “plugin,” “service,”, “download,” “item,” or “file”) you are being granted a license to use these files for specific uses under certain conditions. Ownership remains with BC App Store (Solid Sky LLC) and the respective copyright holders, and you are required to abide by the following licensing terms.
You have rights for royalty free use of our resources for a single Business Catalyst website project. You may modify the resources according to your requirements and use them royalty free in a single personal or commercial Business Catalyst project. For example, you may include this resource in a website build for a client as long as you purchased and installed the app on that client’s Business Catalyst site. You are not required to attribute or link to BC App Store in this project.
We reserve the rights to change prices and revise the resources usage policy at anytime.
You do not have the rights to redistribute, resell, lease, sub-license or offer the resources to any third party. You also may not transfer the resources from one Business Catalyst site to another without obtaining a new and separate license for that site.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL BC App Store (Solid Sky LLC) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF DATA OR PROFIT, ARISING OUT OF THE USE, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE MATERIALS ON THE SITE, EVEN IF BC App Store (Solid Sky LLC) Team OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF YOUR USE OF MATERIALS FROM THIS SITE RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICES, REPAIR OR CORRECTION OF EQUIPMENT OR DATA, YOU ASSUME ANY COSTS THEREOF.
BC App Store respects each individual’s right to personal privacy. We collect and use your personal information (name, e-mail) only to track sales, resource licenses, visits to our website, and to send periodic e-mails with important updates. We will absolutely not transfer users’ information to another company.